Thursday, July 12, 2007


Kakanui Beach, looking back towards Oamaru.

Oh but it is cold here. I think we have had the home fires burning for days on end. School holidays and I had a week off. Fun-tastic time with my 2 gals, we went to visit their Gran. It rained all the time and I got a cold.


Do you see those Wax Eyes? they are surely the chubbiest in the South Island if not Australasia courtesy of my mum and her pet roll and bread feeding. They love the sugar water she makes for them. This container was almost empty by the time we came back from our 1 hour trip to the beach!! The beach is only about 250 metres from Gran's house. It is wonderful to be so close, at night you can hear the waves grumbling up the beach and day break brings the gulls skitting about their breakfast. Big sigh.




No comments: