Thursday, November 24, 2011

The lack of new Dr Who episodes is getting to me!

My resident Whovian is innovative in her response to my lament about the lack of new Dr Who episodes on the Giggle Box (as my late Dad used to call the TV) and made me some Ginger Bread Ood (I really like the Ood).


In fact, in addition to the baking she also selected a Complete Series of Dr Who DVDs from TradeMe and conned me into buying them so we have been feasting ourselves on the episodes with Rose, and Donna (also known as Gobby in our house) - we didn't notice the first time round how funny the Donna series was, the interactions with DT are fabulous and I'm really enjoying the banter. The hapless Martha isn't a favourite - too needy and dumb according to the Whovian and I found her rather simpering and annoying (especially in the Shakespeare episode).


And then we got Rose the GingerBread girl, with a Darlek studded with M and Ms and a Tardis which might have been iced when too hot!







11 comments:

Marginalia said...

Gosh, someone who worked on the original '70's Dr Who sets.

The Sagittarian said...

hehe, yes all that is missing is the 'invisible' string!! :-)

Lynne with an e said...

Glad to see you're having fun Who-vering up homemade cookies. Unless you're planning to shellac them to wear as jewellery?

Stickup Artist said...

I don't know anything about Dr Who but those are the most rockin' looking cookies ever!

Lady Mondegreen's Secret Garden said...

Timeless cookies. You must keep an eye on the Regent Theatre offerings in Rangiora. Pat is planning an original Dr Who movie night. He has a poster up that he found under the floor during the Earthquake renovations! If I have time before I fly away next week, I'll email you the Cinema details.

Steve said...

Donna ended up being my favourite DW companion. She tops even Rose in my opinion and I must admit to quite fancying Catherine Tate as a consequence. The new series that just been on has been cracking though. You've got good things to look forward to.

Keith said...

Love the cookies. I need a friend who bakes themed cookies for me.

And I don't like to boast ( but I am, so what the heck ) but I have meet and had several conversations with the Ood. They are very nice, but had a bugger of a time walking down my staircase !

Keith said...

And... favorite Donna quote...

" It doesn't do wood ? "

Marginalia said...

What Dr Who needs.... a scary Cookie Monster

Anonymous said...

Do not know Dr. Who either. Yet, am able to say that these are wonderful pieces of art, a joy for the senses for sure. Please have you all a good Friday.

VioletSky said...

Donna is my favourite Dr Who companion.
I rather like Matt Smith, though I was determined not to since he wasn't DT, but am not so fond of Amy Pond.

I like your Whovian's creativity!