Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Tuesday Tipple

I think cos I'm feeling a bit slow and melancholy that this evening we should have an old crooner of a drink....


Moon River


30ml Gin (mothers ruin apparently)
30ml apricot brandy
30ml Cointreau
15ml Galliano
15ml fresh lime juice
ice


Pour all ingredients into shaker, shake (doesn't that ice sound fab?) and then pour into a serving glass. I'd use a high ball glass for this one (saves you having to get up and refill your glass...).


So, comfy on your bean bag? Good, try this version of Moon River - what do you think? (And no, I don't think that's Rol you can hear in the background....but then again, I have been wrong before!)

7 comments:

Steve said...

You know, this has hardly motivated me for a full day at work...

Lynne with an e said...

I suspect Morrissey and the Sobber may have had a few tipples just prior to the performance. I was afraid the lad was going to nod right off before he got to the end of the song.

rb said...

I am taking a week off from booze yet again as my back is playing up and I"m on the stronger painkillers. But I have drunk enough gin in my time to be well and truly ruined.

Where is Rol anyway? He's late to the party. I reckon he snook off to that reunion and thinks we won't notice.

The Sagittarian said...

Steve- glad to help! ;-)

Louciao- I hadn't heard that version before so was rather interested to see what others thought.

rb-oh dear, bad backs are no fun at all so you're probably right to take a week off Le Plonk. Not sure where Rol is...probably got his nose in a book somewhere....

babbler said...

It is a good thing that Mr. Morrissey had a microphone to hold on to or he might have tippled over!
Thank you for an enlightening and entertaining blog today! I think I will go get an afternoon cocktail, along with some fresh spinach leaves to nibble on and read some back issues of your posts.
Served with a colorful garnish,
Love Mrs. Slug

Rol said...

I'm here. I like being fashionably late. Then buggering off without saying anything of any interest.

The Sagittarian said...

My dear Mrs Slug, thank you for slithering all the way down here! I shall now saunter off to your neck of the woods and peruse...

Rol - Good.