Monday, October 18, 2010

Saying Goodbye

Today has not been a good day. Today I went to farewell a very good buddy of longstanding. He died of a massive heart attack, unexpectedly. We're in shock.
BC, you taught me so much and I didn't even know it. I will miss you so much, that crazy laugh that you could hear miles away, that love of Guinness (well, you're Irish!), your stong principles and endless fear when protecting what you stood for, very proud Union man. You have left us all with big boots to fill but we're the richer for having known you. Its been an honour, BC.

This one's for you.

8 comments:

Steve said...

Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend - he sounds like he was quite a guy.

Helen said...

we must keep on going. without him alas. xxx

Lynne with an e said...

My sympathy is with you. What a year you've had.
Love, xo

Stickup Artist said...

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I know how hard it is and how painful to miss a dear friend. You honor him well.

Owen said...

It never rains, but it pours...

A life full of shocks, and after shocks at present; dearest sis, my thoughts are with you...

The Sagittarian said...

Thanks everyone, it's been a rough few months all said and done but thats life eh! :-) We pick ourselves up, dust ourselves down, and head off into the day to start again.

The Joined up Cook said...

Thia is one glory of a blog.

You can freeze a memory, a moment and then go back to it without having to relive it.

Remembering people is the nearest thing we mere humans can do to making them immortal.

The Poet Laura-eate said...

Please accept my belated condolences Sagittarian. Big shoes indeed to fill.