Thursday, November 13, 2008

Long weekend

We have a long weekend here in Canterbury, our anniversary day. It means better weather and sleeping in! I have also decided to throw off my funk of the election; the country will get what it voted for but I also think perhaps the Labour Party needed the kick up the southern-most oriface - in some of their policies it was becoming difficult to tell if it was a Red or Blue idea. However, I will be changing the colours on this blog. So. What will be, will be. Sorry to rabbit on....



The bunnies have settled in. They are very sweet and actually developing personalities. I had no idea wabbits did that. I have also trained them to come running when they here me ring a bell cos it means apple slices to them, clever eh?



Look here, we grew our own limes this year! It wasn't easy and they grew best in the greenhouse (or hot house or glass house depending on where ya live) and we put the plant on a heat pad during winter even tho' they were in the hot/green/glass house.

I make a mean Margarita, if I say so myself, and we now have our own supply as I reckon limes are better than lemon juice in just about everything (except cuts, in which case I recommend neither!!)The weekend can just get better...




Or maybe it will deteriorate completely...(I suspect this might be Mike's choice! especially if you check out the Quiz on his blog)

9 comments:

Steve said...

Mean Margaritas and long weekends... nice to know that life can be good sometimes! Enjoy it!

Brother Tobias said...

Elections, shmelections. Who cares as long as one has margaritas?

The SS rings a bell to call me in for meals. Could be a cage in the garden next?

justme said...

I grew a lemon this year. Just the one, but still! I do prefer limes actually though. Maybe I need a lime tree.......
Have a lovely weekend!

Mike said...

Fantastic video choices...both of them!

A Margarita sounds great, even though it is just shy of 10 in the morning over here right now.

Enjoy your weekend.

The Sagittarian said...

Steve - our neighbours dropped over as well so we all enjoyed it!

Brother T - Just watch out where she puts the carrots!

Justme - for some reason we have never had any luck growing lemons! We have had at least 4 trees die on us, so gave up and tried limes! Funny eh?

Mike - Thought you would approve!

Anonymous said...

I never get a lemon either. My trees always look beautiful but they only have leaves, never any sign of a fruit!

Anyway, I am just in the mood for a mean Margarita - so hop to it!!

Oh and those bunnies!!! Oh they are just SOOOOO cute.

Enjoy your weekend!!!!

The Sagittarian said...

RB - I am really keen to get a lemon tree to DO something! Honestly, no idea why we are lemon tree serial killers.

The Poet Laura-eate said...

Please do keep rabbiting on - they are SUCH cutesies!

meggie said...

Your wabbits are very cute.
Good fun music Amanda!