Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Tagged

Its a case of the hurrieder I go the behinder I get...

However, here I am numb of face but brave of heart bringing to you the 6 most random facts about me that you will ever know.

  1. I have never seen ANY of the Lord of the Rings movies. (Spank me)
  2. As a kid I learned the piano and the guitar.
  3. I once did a "dine and dash"...a friend and I went out with 2 guys, the restaurant was great but took forever to bring us the bill. So. We edged to the door as we figured they would track us down and hand us the bill (this was after asking for the bill several times)...when we made it outside unaccosted, well, I went to get my car with my mate and then we decided to the ditch the 2 guys too.
  4. I am ambidextrous (much to The Stud's delight)
  5. I was on the High school magazine committee (and wasn't shy about publishing my own stuff)
  6. I get the giggles at funerals - no idea why, probably relief that I'm on the right side of the box!

Oh, and I have decided to try and remember to sign off each post with a random music clip. It'll be like a box of chocolates y'all.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes - that track was a bit much for me, haven't heard that in ages. Now I've forgotten what I was going to say!

I have never seen any of the Lord of the Rings movies (oh help - I never use that word, what is happening to me?) either.
I have also, twice, left a restaurant without paying. Once I didn't remember that I had done so until the next day.
I too am ambidextrous.
But I can't play the guitar, am rubbish at the piano and I always blub at funerals even if I have no idea who it is who has died.
I've missed one, haven't I? That's only 5. Ah yes, the magazine. I don't think we had one of those.

Happy Guy Fawkes Day!

Rol said...

I saw the first LOTR. That was enough. Life's too short.

Brother Tobias said...

Do you still play either?

I also sometimes have to stifle an inappropriate smile at bad news. It's not that I find it funny, it's a sort of visceral response or displacement activity. I reckon as apes we bared our teeth for a variety of emotional responses, and the mechanisms are still in there somewhere.

Mike said...

I've seen the movies but absolutely could not make it through those dreadful little books. I tried but failed miserably.

On the right side of the box.

I love that.

The Sagittarian said...

RB - I'm not a big fan of Guy Fawkes (let's face it, he didn't actually achieve what he set out to do), but I did have a wee tipple in honour of the USA election result!

Rol - thanks for the heads up; I really felt it was a matter of personal pride to possibly be the only Kiwi who hasn't seen the stuff.


BT - I do still play, plus when my dad died he left me his very ancient German Autoharp which I am also trying to figure out.

As fate would have it, I was at a funeral today...I was doing well until the priest went to get his jug of water and wine and the wee kid behind me whispered "Ugh, is that blood?"....oh, and then we had to give a peace sign to the person(s) near us and the old lady beside me was a bit perplexed at mine!

Mike - I can get worse....

Steve said...

Am shocked by no.1.

Apparently giggling at funerals is not that uncommon (though laughter coming from inside the coffin is more rare)...

meggie said...

I still love that clip. It doesn't mean Gom either! haha.