Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday Tipple

Greetings from the Land of Shaking and Not Stirred, rather like my cocktails if you think about it. I rarely stir them.


Yellow Bird


30ml Bacardi
22 ml Galliano
22 ml Cointreau
22 ml fresh lime juice
ice


Pour all ingredients into shaker, shaaaaaaake, (if you're in Christchurch this will be easy) then pour into serving glass. I'd use an old-fashioned glass with a slice of lime in the drink. Then I'd sashay on over to the nearest hammock and flop down, with one leg dangling over the side I'd gently rock myself to the bottom of the glass....before starting again!


7 comments:

Stickup Artist said...

Sounds heavenly. Today our temperature reached 110 so this would be just the thing!

The Sagittarian said...

StickUp-I'm indulging in diversion therapy with this, our temps are still semiwinter/spring with a few 'wobbles' thrown in for good measure!

Steve said...

Yellow bird? I'll never be able to watch Sesame Street again!

Selina Kingston said...

Sounds idyllic - though I seriously hope that the shaking has stopped now

Marginalia said...

Have you tried a Stirred Kakapo? Best drunk at night with a dash of Teachers and ice. It's rather a noisy drink making a booming sound as it goes down.

The Sagittarian said...

Steve- You watch Sesame Street? You rebel you!!

Selina - We had a 4.5 jolt this morning, so I don't think the earthquake monitor is going to give up anytime soon. They reckon the aftershocks can last for months!

Barry - Haven't tried a Stirred Kakapo, but we have plenty of shaken ones!

Lynne with an e said...

Oh yum! I am definitely in the mood for a Yellow Bird as the bright yellow sunshine has returned for a last kick at the golden days of summer before the leaves turn yellow and fall off the trees. We used to have a hammock...It would be convenient for you now, gently rocked by the continuing aftershocks.

WV: acester
Someone who aces everything.