Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Hey, its raining!

Some billboards you just can't miss eh? I really enjoyed explaining about censorship to my 10 myear old. It actually reminded me of when I was about 8 or 9 and saw a picture in newspaper that my grand-dad used to get ...the picture I suspect must have been of Freda Stark and she was covered in gold paint, with strategically located notices saying "Censored" (original eh?), well, my grad-dad had to explain to me why they bothered printing a photo if they weren't going to show all of it.
The Buskers have arrived in the city ofr the annual Buskers Festival. We took the kids down to see them at the weekend (its actually Tuesday as I type this but no doubt Blogger will have me a day late...why????) and while we enjoyed it, most acts were hard to see due to the sheer number of spectators. The crowd was good natured however, even tho' it was super hot.
You will all be thrilled to know that it is raining and colder here today than it has been for sometime. Whatever. I'm only at work now, who cares. Harumf.

4 comments:

Steve said...

Commerations about being back at work. There's nothing more depressing than being back at work after a long vacation. But at least you've got those grapes to look forward to!

meggie said...

Yay for the rain! Friends phoned us from Chch, & said you really needed rain.
I like the Press mural, it is clever really, & guaranteed to draw the eye!

The Poet Laura-eate said...

I'll trade you some rain Amanda - we've got buckets of the stuff over here at the moment.

Don't think my roof is going to withstand another gale either.

A Busker's Festival - excellent idea. I've got a soft spot for the human statues too - I think they are incredible.

Old Cheeser said...

AH HA HA HA HA!!! At last it is raining in New Zealand!!! HE HE HE!!!

Oh, I'm so nasty....