Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Tuesday Tipple

Ah, an oldy but a goody today I reckon...

Irish Coffee

1 teaspoon brown sugar
30ml Irish whiskey
120ml hot black coffee
fresh cream

Put sugar into the bottom of serving glass (or mug) and cover with the Irish whiskey (yes, with an "e" cos I knows me drinks, I do).
Top with coffee and mix well. Float the cream on top - now there's two ways of doing this. You can dribble it in via the back of a spoon so that it floats properly and doesn't mix in with the rest of it. OR you can lightly whip the cream, not so it stands on end but just lightly. And then you can carefully spoon it onto the surface of the drink, garnish with grated chocolate!

I prefer the second method myself, but whatever rips your nightie, knock a few back and singalong with Peggy!

3 comments:

Steve said...

Ah, 'tis a grand way to start the day, cheers m'dear!

The Sagittarian said...

I reckon you're right there Steve, I could do with a few this morning already!

Lynne with an e said...

Let's have a round for Farters' Rights!