Thursday, September 06, 2007

There was this old Cherokee teaching his grandson about life.

"A fight is going on inside me" he said to the boy "It is a terrible fight between two wolves. One of the wolves, he is anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority and ego. The other he is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassioni and faith. This same fight is going on inside you and inside every person too."

The grandson thought about this for awhile and then asked "Which wolf will win?"

The old Cherokee simply replied "The one you feed."

I guess in any given situation you have at least 2 choices - being reactive or proactive. What works best for you??

1 comment:

Steve said...

Fantastic story and very ennobling.

I sometimes think my "wolves" are more like annoying chihuahua's but I guess the outcome is the same!